Cabernet Sauvignon & SWEET & SPICY OSTRICH KEBABS
Cabernet Sauvignon with Sweet & Spicy ostrich kebabs
- 1kg ostrich cubes – I used the Woolworths cubes but any good quality ostrich meat will work.
- 1-2 tbsp Apricot jam
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 cups Orange juice
- Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp Beef stock powder
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger (more to taste)
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Red onion – chunks
- Turkish apricots (Montagu snacks)
- Reduce the orange juice by half, mix in the stock powder. Remove from heat.
- Add apricot jam, lemon juice, pepper, ginger to taste until your sauce is as sweet and spicy as per your preference.
- Let cool mixture and keep a little aside for brushing over the skewers after grilling.
- Add the cubed ostrich to the sauce and marinate the meat approximately an hour before skewering
- Soak the wooden skewers in water beforehand for about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the onion and apricots to prevent burning.
- Once you are ready to assemble your skewers alternate between meat, onion and apricot until your skewer is full.
- Prepare grill / weber and cook 3-4 minutes per side.
- Served with lemon butter and fresh herbs over boiled baby potatoes and a Greek salad